Knox County Hospital Home Care provides a continuity of care for patients going home from the hospital or recovering from an extended illness. Whether it is providing the medical and emotional support necessary to keep an elderly person at home, or intermittent IV therapy, Knox County Home Care is there with the right service at the right time, by bringing trained healthcare professionals into the privacy and security of your own home.
Knox County Hospital Home Care provides the following services:
· Skilled Nursing
· Home Care Aides
· Physical Therapy
· Medically Dependent Child Program
Family, friends and doctors are encouraged to call Knox County Hospital Home Care. Pending a physician’s order, our services can begin immediately.
Services that can be performed in the home:
· Injections and supervision of oral medications
· Personal Care
· Pulse and blood pressure checks
· Wound care and dressing changes
· Colostomy and tracheostomy care
· Regular Foley catheter care and changes
· Intermittent IV therapy
· Obtaining blood, urine or other specimens for laboratory tests
· Patients/family education for dietary regimen, medications, ambulation, post-operative care and personal care after or during an illness
Home health services are usually covered by Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, Veteran’s Administration and Champus, or Workers’ Compensation. Knox County Hospital Home Care personnel will help determine the best way your care can be paid for.
For more information call Knox County Hospital Home Care at: