While visits from friends and family are encouraged, our visitor policy is designed to serve the best interest of our patients. We ask that visits be kept short and the following policy be adhered to:
1. Visiting hours:
9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon
1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
2. Children may not be left unattended in lobbies or other areas of the hospital.
3. Visits should be quiet, pleasant, and brief as possible.
4. Specific physician orders concerning visitor restrictions for individual patients will be observed.
5. The nursing supervisor may restrict visitation hours at any time when it is deemed necessary to preserve the welfare of the patient.
6. A patient’s minister will be allowed to visit at any time, if the patient desires.
7. Exceptions to any of the visitation rules must be approved by the nursing supervisor.
Purchased guest meals are available and should be requested ahead of time in the Business Office.
Vending machines are located in the Hospital’s Dining Room and are available 24 hours per day.
The chapel at Knox County Hospital is located on the west wing on the first floor. The chapel can be accessed 24 hours per day.
Lost and Found
Contact the Business Office regarding any lost or found items.
As a provider of health care and promoter of physical well-being, Knox County Hospital District prohibits smoking within the hospital. A designated smoking area is available outside the southeast exit located near the nurses’ station.